Our March Dine Around combined tips for healthy living with an anti-inflammatory food pairing from The Seasonal Palate that gave attendees the “guts” to be healthier leaders. Dr. Alissa Albers explored the many ways gut health is directly tied to functionality in our daily activities. She explored how the digestive system works and stressed that we are NOT what we eat, but rather we are what we digest.
Dr. Albers gave her top 5 tips for creating a healthier gut and decreasing a leaky gut (Gastrointestinal Permeability) which include:
- Drinking morning lemon water
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Take Probiotics (and don’t forget about prebiotics)
- Take Digestive Enzymes
- Chew your food!
Dr. Albers also shared tips for using movement to create healthier bodies in the workplace that include:
- Walk around for two minutes every 30 minutes.
- Stand when you can. Sitting more than 8 hours/day significantly increases risk of diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
- Walk at least 20 minutes/day consistently.